November 5, 2007

First Weekend of November

The weekend was busy to say the least. Friday night Ashley and the boyz arrived @ about 10:00 pm and the fun began. After a few hello kisses and a snack we all got to bed so that we could be up early on Saturday for the Gator game in Gainesville.

We checked the weather forecast before we left which told us that the high in G'ville would be 73 degrees at game time. When we left Clearwater it was chilly outside so we thought the weather guessers were probably correct. Got the G'ville a couple of hours before game time (we never get there that close to kickoff so we ran into some traffic) and had some lunch at the Orange n Brew. Decided we should buy the little boys some new sweatshirts (for the chilly weather.....remember the forecast??) Then on to the stadium. We were in the sun for a good part of the afternoon so sweatshirts came off quickly. The Gators won and looked good doing it.

Grandpa Ed would have been proud of the little guys @ the game. Kyle used the "noculars" and followed the game play by play for the entire first half. Every time the Gators scored a touchdown he would high five us. Todd is a boy after Ed's heart (he who would never leave a game until the final whistle blew) When we suggested leaving at the beginning of the 4th quarter he told his mama "no, the game not over" I would say we have a couple of football fans on our hands.

Next day I got to spend time with the boys all day. Mama left early to get to FM for the JL Taste of the Town. We left around noon and got to the park, bought lots of tickets and spent most of them playing in the bounce house, on the slides and on ice cream cones. We found mama, daddy, Auntie Paige, and Uncle PG and visited just long enough to say hello then we were off and running. I didn't win the VW convertible .....Kyle had decided it was "cute" and wanted to ride in it... so we left and went home for dinner, bath, stories and bedtime for the boys. Pappi sat in the Queen Chair and put her feet up! Stopped by Paige & Phil's on the way out to say hi and bye.

My trip back to Clearwater was a challenge as there was another bad accident that closed I-75 North. Apparently pretty bad as I found out this morning that the road was still closed and would be until further notice. This is the second time this has happened when I am on the way back. All I have to say is that I am very fortunate that someone is looking out for me and that I was not traveling at the time either of these accidents happened. The detours add more time to the trip but at least when I get back on the interstate I can count myself lucky that I am still on my way home and was not involved in the mishaps.

All in all it was a great weekend. I decided this morning that I definitely must get back to gym. I have to work hard to stay in good enough shape to keep up with my little grands and with another on the way I need to work on that stamina.

3 comments:

*pal said...

The interstate closure was the result of damage to the underpinnings of an overpass in Charlotte Co. Apparently a truck was hauling a backhoe that was too tall to pass underneath the overpass. FDOT crews spent 18 hours removing debris and shoring up the overpass. Glad it was NOT an accident!

Kevin said...

Glad you guys had fun at the game. Tonight kyle was yelling, come on NOLES get up and go during our horrible loss tonight. Wonder where he learned that, hum? You were great to watch our kids all day sunday, thank you! Sorry you got home SO LATE. You rock!
Love ya

Keysgal@QuietWater said...

Just picked up your comment Kev. I love spending time with the boys. We have a great time and you know I am used to traveling and late driving. Looking forward to our trip this weekend. Love you too.