November 15, 2007

Almost Time for "Thanksgiving Christmas"

Every year we gather back in Fort D to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas all in one day. This tradition started a lot of years ago when the Biagi kids were small. I missed seeing my family during the holiday season, but did not want to take our kids away from home and Santa @ Christmas, so we started visiting my home town every year for Thanksgiving. Slowly it evolved into everyone making it a priority to be "home" for this day. An impromptu family reunion.

Our family has grown with grands, their special significant others, and the great grands with which we are blessed. My Ed loved this time of celebration and had grown to love my family as his own. I think he looked more forward to this trip than any of the rest of us. Ed has been gone for almost 10 years. Sometimes it seems like yesterday and sometimes it feels like a hundred years. But one thing I know as sure as I am writing this post is that he lives on in spirit and will be smiling down on all of us again this year with joy in his heart.

Paige and PG will not make the trip this year but for the most special reason of all. The newest little family member will be born sometime in December and again our family grows. As far as I know everyone else will be at at GG's house for Turkey Day.

If there is one thing I have learned in living all the years I have under my belt (and no I will not tell how many if you don't know.....) is that nothing is more important in this life than family.

2 comments:

*pal said...

Just think, this time next year, you'll be driving a car that can accommodate THREE child seats. :) xo

Keysgal@QuietWater said...

Yeah, already in the market for one. It is real thoughtful of you and your sister to space your kids in 2 year intervals so that they can all travel with me! If I had 2infants in tow that might be tricky....BUT you know I would do it anyway. Can't wait to get all the little guys in the Keys with me for summertime visits. See, just one little cold snap and I am talking about Summer!