October 31, 2007

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

One thing I miss about no longer living in a home, in a neighborhood with lots of little munchkins, is that no one comes by to trick or treat on Halloween. The first year I was living in an apartment on Halloween I bought bags of candy that I think I still have in a cupboard here somewhere. I hid it well so that I don't eat it.

Halloween has always been one of my most favorite holidays and I think that is because of the kids. It's such a fun day/night as everyone is in a party mood. Even the kids at my office dress up on this special day. There were pirates, biker dudes and "cereal killers"running around everywhere today. And the night belongs to the little ones with lots of laughter and squeals of delight when they get a favorite candy for their goodie bag.

I look forward to seeing the pictures of my little grands all dressed up. My thoughts are with their mom and dad and the sugar high that I am sure has been reached this night. Oh well, Halloween comes around only one day out of 365 and it is so much fun to just have fun.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Actually, there were no sugar highs in my house. Both kids got to eat 5 pieces of candy and the bag of chips they got. At 9pm, both kiddos were ready for bed and went happily saying they were tired!

Keysgal@QuietWater said...

Those are my little darlin's. What did you do? make them run instead of walk to every house? Glad everyone had a happy time. Want to see pictures!