April 8, 2008

First Trip Home 2008

My winter visitors have gone back to Tennessee and I was able to travel to Quiet Water for the weekend. My good friend Debbie was able to go with me and we had a wonderful weekend, too much food, a lot of shopping and just talked until we were hoarse. It was the first time Debbie has been back to QW in years. We tried to remember the last time but couldn't.

We had a very uneventful trip down on Friday night but a stressful return. We thought we waited long enough that most of the bad weather was past, however, we ran into a monster storm on the Alley. Debbie said it was like a snow "white out" which I have never experienced. I was thankful we were in her car and she was driving. It was a little scary for a while. We can't complain too much though because we need the rain so badly.

We kept looking for the gigantic iguana that made an appearance while the Bellamys were in residence but never saw even a little one on the yard. Did see one or two squashed on Coco Plum Drive. Guess that is Keys roadkill.

I missed seeing my kids (big and little) last weekend. I think they may get tired of seeing me so often but I never tire of them. I am traveling to FM this weekend for a hair appointment and can't wait to get some sweet hugs. Zane & Paige are still in Tallahassee so I won't see them for another couple of weeks. I know that little baby has grown so much since I saw him last. I'll be glad when they are home to stay.

Spring fever has grabbed hold of me it seems as there has been major cleanout of closets and drawers in the past week. It's amazing what you find you have forgotten you had when you start looking through storage. I am somewhat of a pack rat but nothing like my daddy.....thank goodness.

Now if I could just get motivated and exercise. The hardest part is just getting started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are taking care of yourself as it sounds like you have been in mega-mode since December 2007!! Know you were glad to visit the Keys house and I hope soon you can relocate for your work, so you can reduce some of that driving time. Oh, and if you DO get bored (hehehe), bring some of that 'spring fever cleaning' on up here to my house! We have a HUGE neighborhood yard sale coming up in two weeks and I hope to unload lots of stuff!!! Take care, sis, and give the little men a hug for Auntie Ellen!!