April 10, 2008

Directions from a 4 Year Old

Yesterday afternoon Ashley called to tell me the time of Kyle & Todd's school program Friday night. Kyle realized she was talking with me and asked to speak to me. Once on the phone our conversation goes kinda like this:

Me: Hi Sweetie, did you have a good day @ school?
K: Yes, uh yes ma'am (little coaching from mom)
Me: Did you get a green card?
K: Yes ma'am and Todd did too.
Me: I am going to be at your school program on Friday night.
K: I know
Me: I am just going to come straight to the school from work so I will see you there.
K: OK Pappi.......
He then proceeds to tell me in great detail how to get to his school. At red lights I have to stop. Same with stop signs. He told me to turn right and left with landmarks "on the right or left". And last, "and then you will see the gym". It was just the cutest thing and he actually gave me directions for about 2 minutes. I was trying so hard not to giggle it was just so special.

This time I didn't hang up on my little sweetheart Todd. He told me he had gotten a green card at school too and he got a lollipop when he left. I told him I couldn't wait to get a hug from him this weekend and he told me he loved me. How much better can it get from there?

Can't wait to see everyone this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Kyle is such a smart little guy! He and Todd both are cuties and I know you can't wait to visit with them this weekend. We will miss you at Calico Fort---you can't be in two places at once, you know! You just have a great time and try to relax some while there!! Be careful on your drive---hope the weather will be better this weekend for you!