January 19, 2008

Weekend in Clearwater

It's hard for me not to get in my car every Friday afternoon and head down to Fort Myers to spend time with all my kids (big and little). It has been a typical weekend in Clearwater in that I have spent my entire day cleaning the apartment. How can one little space get so dirty? Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny but cold. Perhaps will be a day to do browse some antique shops.

I bought a new vacuum cleaner last night as my 25 year old one finally bit the dust. Or I guess I should say it wouldn't bite the dust anymore. The new vacuum is one of those jobs that doesn't use bags. Omigosh, i was appalled when I finished with my bedroom (where the cats are not even allowed to roam) but I was disgusted after I finished the living area where the cats do live. I collected enough hair to make a 3 or 4 pound fake cat. I guess the old vacuum was in really bad shape long before it said "no more!!!"

I finally got out about 2:30 to run some errands and just finished up and gotten back here before the BAD storms came rolling in. It's the first time I can ever remember there being 3 tornado warning areas at one time. Fortunately I was in the middle of two and got no wind but it has rained, thank the Lord, and is still raining. Hopefully this is going to help our drought. It was scary but exciting to watch Baynews 9 and see the clouds moving across......it was booking it and that's a good thing for us as the winds didn't stay over us long. There were some waterspouts off Madeira Beach and tornado spotted in New Port Richey.

My building has a lot of vacant apartments right now. As of today I have no one on either side or below me. I do, however, have Heather and Murphy living upstairs. Murphy is a BIG dog who loves to run and play....on top of my head as it were. Heather likes to play music with a loud bass so I never feel all alone. There is always noise.

In case you were thinking about it....don't rent the movie El Cantante (the one with JLo and Marc) It is pretty awful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you miss the 'little boys'---and I KNOW they miss their Pappi!!! Zane will grow so quickly and catch up with the Long boys soon enough!! Can't wait until you can bring them all to AL for a visit! You are a brave woman!!! Tommy and I went to Miss Sophia's 2nd birthday party and got to take Miss Kate with us!! She is such a wonderful child---so easy---and I think she had a ball in TN. Every time we would stop for a break she would ask if we were going back to Sophia's house?! And little Sophia is such a sweet, pretty girl! She is so smart! Think she is beginning to figure out who we all are! Hope you get to go see everyone this weekend and get your 'sugar fill' with those boys! Tell all hello for us! Love you, sis! Ellen

*pal said...

This post cracks me up! A thorough recounting of your day, and a movie critique all in one! xxoo

Kristi said...

I agree with Paige - that was hilarious! I love the ramblings. How about that cat? I have encountered something similar to that with a new cleaning product, but I won't say anymore because it is pretty gross!