January 5, 2008

Holiday Blessings

It was supposed to be a holiday season with a schedule HOWEVER after getting a phone call @ work on December 12th, letting me know that my newest grandson would make his appearance that evening, all schedules were out the door. But I now know that I can kick things into high gear and do a fine job!!

I got to my apartment about 4:30, literally threw a bunch of clothes into a couple of suitcases, left the cats 3 bowls of food, 3 bowls of water and 4 litter boxes (thankfully had picked up all their stuff the day before)and jumped back in my car for the trip to Fort Myers. I arrived at the hospital @ about 7:50 all in one piece....I promised the girls I would be careful but didn't promise not to speed. At 9:13 Zane was born into our family and what an absolutely adorable little boy. What a wonderful way to start my holiday season with my family.

Another highlight of the trip was being able to attend Kyle's Christmas program. He made us all so proud. He had the last speaking part of the day and he did a great job. We were able to spend a little time in the classrooms with the boys for their parties. Kyle and Todd learned a lot of Christmas carols and they especially love Jingle Bells and give an emphatic "Hey!" after the verses. There is nothing sweeter than listening to their little voices singing.

Todd's new goodnight routine is a hug and a kiss and then he grabs your face and plants one on your forehead. How cute is that? He is cathing up with his brother in weight but Kyle is getting really tall. They both are growing up so fast. Todd did let me rock him a couple of times on this trip........I was missing that. Now I also have Zane and he LOVES to rock.

There was so much fun during the 3 weeks I was in Fort Myers with my family it would be difficult to make note of everything. Festival of Lights @ the Edison home, Christmas dinner, boating, spending time with my grands (and their moms/dads),New Year's dinner(it was put together in a hurry and was delicious)and of course seeing DeAnn to have my hair done! I can't remember when I have enjoyed a holiday so much. And I came back feeling so good......I had forgotten how good it feels to feel good.

I am truly blessed..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great time you must have had! You are indeed blessed, Pappi! That new little boy is such a cutie! You just want to snuggle with him, I know! So glad your visit was so wonderful and that all is well for you and yours. Those grands do grow up fast, don't they? Sophia will be two this month, and Kate three in Feb! We are looking forward to celebrating with them both. Take care and keep us posted on those three little sweeties! Ellen