August 14, 2008

Time Is Flying!

Here it is mid August and where has the time gone?? In another couple of weeks my oldest grand will be 5 years old, "summer" is almost over and football season is just around the corner. My mama always told me,when I was a child,that I should not wish my life away because the older I got the faster time would go. Well, as with most things, my mama was right.

It has been a really difficult few months for the Conway clan with so many of our folks having health issues. Aunt Bill, Uncle Max, Mama & Daddy and Aunt Aileen. It makes me sad to think about losing any of these people who are such a big part of my life and heritage. I know growing old is part of life and will come to each of us. I look in the mirror everyday and think who is that person looking back? Certainly that can't be me since I still feel young at heart....how can a body betray you like that?? Then I remember all the people I know who are struggling with bad health or tragedies they must face into and I know how blessed I am. First of all to have been privileged to be a part of this wonderful extended family of mine but also for the health and blessings that I enjoy every day. I hope and pray I never take these things for granted.

Ashley, Kevin and the boys spent last week at Quiet Water with some friends. I think everyone had a good time....surely sounded like it every time they called to talk with me. Except for one when I got a phone call from 2 teary voiced boys apologizing for "breaking" my air mattress. It seems they were using it as a trampoline and it "brwoke". I think dad was able to put it back together but they promised me they would not jump on the beds any more. Then a few days later I get another phone call with Ash telling me that Todd "wants to speak with me". I think, oh my, is he calling to apologize for something again?? Oh, but no, he is calling to tell me that he has been snorkeling and as he put it.....saw lots is fishes and a sting ray.....but it was just a little one Pappi. Needless to say that made my day. This is my 3 year old who has not wanted to learn to swim. I hope this is the beginning of him losing his fear of the water.

Last Saturday Paige and Zane came by to visit for a little while and he just gets cuter every time I see that baby. He took a much needed nap for the first hour or so but then got up and he and I sat on the floor and played with toys for a while. He turned 8 months old this week. Wow, it was only yesterday wasn't it that he was born? There we go with the "flying" time again. Didn't get to see PG as he was working shooting grads at USF.

We are getting much needed rain . It has rained all day today and there is a lot of water in the retention ponds just outside my apartment. So far we have not had to deal with any major storms and hopefully we will have another quiet season.

Making a trip down to Quiet Water this weekend and I do love to spend time at home. Will be stopping in to visit with all my kids on the way down and/or back to get some hugs and smooches.

No comments: