August 26, 2008

FAY THE FICKLE LADY

Wow, we are having some firsts with storms in the past few years. I can't ever remember one coming back at us this many times. Twice, yes, but not four times!! All I can say is that we prayed for rain and boy did we ever have that prayer answered. It was pretty eerie to hear the weather folks talk about rain in feet and not inches. I guess that old saying "be careful for you wish for...." is a good warning.

My kids, and their homes, are safe as is Quiet Water and for that I am thankful. Now we have Gustav on the horizon although they say this one is going to pay a visit to Mexico or Texas. I don't wish bad weather on them but this one looks like it might be bad so I would be happy to have it pass us by.

Labor Day weekend will find me at home at Quiet Water. Ashley, Kevin and the boys plan to be there with me. I hope the weather will hold as I look forward to Kyle spending his 5th birthday in the Keys. He has celebrated his birthday there every year so far. Paige, Phil and Zane don't get back from Canada until Thursday this week so they probably will opt to spend the weekend at home in Fort Myers but would love them to come on down if they can.

Phil participated in Ironman Canada on Sunday. 2.5 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride and 26 mile run.....I can't even imagine attempting anything like that. If I survived I am sure I wouldn't be able to walk for a week. Congratulations on a great job PG!

Kyle had his "friends" birthday party last Saturday at a play park in Fort Myers. What a great place for a kid's birthday party. Lots of games inside, go carts and miniature golf outside. Everyone seemed to have a fun time. Lunch was pizza and then everybody enjoyed the wonderful cake that Ashley made. Kyle had requested a chocolate cake with strawberries. Ash turned a box cake mix into a scrumptious delight. I got to babysit for little Alyssa while her mama was outside with her big brother. What a sweetie.

Thank goodness for Fox, TNT, Lifetime, etc. this week. I cannot abide watching the political conventions (either party). Just a bunch of politicians grandstanding. I certainly hope the people in the US think through the issues and consider the candidates carefully before the November election.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I agree with the conventions... I miss the Olympics! Glad you guys faired well. We are water laden but thankful for drought relief!

Anonymous said...

Glad Fay is finally gone! We got much needed rain and are thankful for it.
I am with you about the conventions. What a waste of money! I echo Kris...bring back the Olympics!
Love, Laura