February 11, 2008

The Wedding Weekend

I was thrilled to be asked to accompany Master Zane to Tallahassee this past weekend so that he and I could hang out while his Mama and Pops attended a wedding. It was a great weekend and the activities were enjoyed by all.

One of the highlights of my weekend was watching Peegie and Paige show off their beautiful son to the many friends they have in Tally. There was much kidding going on from Peegie's ex co-workers but mostly I think they were in awe seeing Peegie with Zane. There were compliments all around: what an adorable baby, good job Phil and Paige, never thought we would see this day, etc. etc. So many of us knew they would be good parents long before they knew it.

It was fun for me to see people that I had met a couple of times before and get reacquainted. It was nice of Ryan and Kylene to include me in the party festivities. It was a little chilly and I am glad I took my coat as everything was mostly outside. You can tell that Springtime is just around the corner up there. I would like to visit Paige while she is in session just to see the dogwood and azaleas in bloom. I expect it will be beautiful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sis! You know, Tommy and I did the very same baby sitting job for Kris when Kate was 3-4 months old and was IN a wedding! And it was great! You are such a good Pappi!! Can't believe Zane is two months old! Told Paige and Phil to spoil him---and I KNOW you will!! What a precious baby boy!!

Keysgal@QuietWater said...

You know, you would think he would be spoiled rotten by now with all the attention but he doesn't seem to be anything except content. He is a very calm baby and now that he is starting to coo and smile he is just extra cute. I can't wait for all of you to meet him. Next time I visit in the summertime I may be bringing 3 instead of 2! Depends on whether Zane will take a bottle and if I can get him away from his mama and pops that long.