May 25, 2009

Relaxed and Rested

There is nothing like a weekend @ QW to rejuvenate my spirits and to calm my soul. Boy did I need both of those things right now. It has been a wonderful stay and I hate to leave tomorrow but am already looking forward to the next time I can travel home. There will be visitors on a pretty steady basis starting in a couple of weeks so I wanted to make sure all is in order down here. The porch furniture needed some attention and the couch covers all got washed and repaired yesterday. Probably will have to recover the cushions before too long but will wait until after storm season passes. Sounds like there has been miserable weather up in Pinellas county this weekend so I am doubly glad to be on the island. Coco Plum has not been completely repaved after the sewers were put in so it is kinda bumpy coming down to Avenue K or L where the repaving has been done. The tide was way low yesterday when I walked on the beach and really high this morning.....but not in the yard thank goodness. Just the normal high tides. Water offshore yesterday, both the ocean and Florida Bay was smooth as glass so I wished that Sook had been running. Gotta get the little girl worked on so she can take us out to the reef and sandbar. Still beautiful weather down here, lots o fluffy clouds, but there were storms all around last night. The lightning was spectacular, and all the better, since it was a distance away. I love to watch it as long as it is not sitting right on top of where I am. By for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some "down" time! Wish I could have been there with you!

J