January 11, 2009

IT HAS BEEN A WEEK!!!

So glad it is today and not last Sunday this time. The nasty little bug I caught managed to hang on for several days after I made I made it back to Clearwater from the Keys. It took until Friday for me to even think about real food. There is a good chance that I will never eat another pretzel or drink Gingerale ever again. I can report that I feel 100% today and have even managed to put away Christmas decorations, clean out closets, clean the apartment and iron some clothes this weekend. Considering I have not been home one weekend for the past 6 weeks the cleaning and laundry was way overdue.

The Gators are National Champions again!!! I can't remember ever seeing a better football game and have never seen a better championship game. The Gators & OU were so evenly matched that it was nip and tuck the whole way. Tim Tebow announced today he will be staying for another year so with that news and not losing anyone off the defense we should have a good team next year.

I missed seeing my kids this weekend. After I spend so much time with them it's hard when I don't see them at least once a week. I feel so fortunate to be able to visit with them so often so I can't complain.

Happy 65th Birtday Eddie. It would have been a good day for you and we would have had a great party. I miss you every day .....

3 comments:

Laura McCann said...

I thought about Eddie and his birthday today. I can't believe he would have been 65! Wow, am I that old? He sure would have had a great party this year!
I know I have not watched sports since the game, but I thought I heard the announcers talk about Tebow coming back next year...maybe I imagined it. It was a great game. The Gators growled and the Sooners howled!
I love you, sister!

Kristi said...

Yes, he would have gotten a sweet present with UF being champs again. I'm glad you are over the bug. I guess it was the same stuff I had in Gatlinburg - and it took a few months to travel to South Florida

Anonymous said...

We, too, thought about it being Eddie's birthday, although we couldn't decide the number. Wow, we still miss him. And Kristi is so right---UF would have just been 'the icing on his cake' this year! It was a really good game, and the more I know about that young man, Tebow (Kate calls him T-bone!), the more I like him. I send my congrats to all you gators!!!